The Dean River Guardian Program is part of the provincial River Guardian Program, which has placed guardians on a number of B.C.’s busiest classified rivers. This initiative is aimed at collecting and providing important fisheries management data as well as providing information and assistance to anglers.
• Collecting angler data
• Monitoring anglers
• Maintaining a remote field post
• Database management
• Have experience operating and maintaining jet boats, ATVs and small motors
• Possess a proven ability to work irregular hours in harsh remote climatic conditions
• Knowledge and experience in fishing and interpreting the provincial fishing regulations
• Be enrolled in, or be a graduate of a fisheries or natural resource management program at a recognized post-secondary institution
• Possess a Small Craft Operators certificate*
• Possess valid WCB Level 1 First Aid and Transportation Endorsement certificates*
• Possess a valid class 5 drivers licence*
• Possess a valid Firearms Acquisition License or Possession and Acquisition License.*
• Be willing to submit to a security check
• Be physically fit
• Be willing to live at a remote field post for extended periods
• Additional assets would be:
o Swift Water Rescue training certificate*,
o Jet Boat Safety Course*
* Please submit copies of these certificates and any other pertinent and current certificates with your application.
Wage: $20.00 per hour
Term: May 1 to - September 14, 2020
Closing date: Friday February 28th at 4pm
NOTE: The successful applicants will work in Williams Lake during the month of May completing preparation for the field season prior to heading into the Dean River camp together. Accommodation while working in Williams Lake will not be provided. The successful applicants will go into the Dean River approximately May 28th until the end of the season approximately, September 14th. Exact dates will fluctuate. This is a remote camp location and once at the Dean River the expectation is that the two Guardians will remain there for the duration of the term. All living costs and expenses will be covered while living at the Dean River camp.
Submit your cover letter and resume using the form below. Please submit in .pdf format with your name in the file title (e.g. John_Smith_Coverletter.pdf, John_Smith_Resume.pdf) and include three references, with contact information.
Please clearly state how you meet the qualifications for this position in your application, as only candidates deemed qualified will be contacted for interviews.