GIS Technicians and Specialists
BCCF is looking for qualified GIS technicians and specialists to fill a range of short term project needs.
In particular we are looking for applicants who have the following:
Minimum qualifications must include
- Certificate or diploma in Geographic Information Systems.
- Familiarity with the principles and applications of spatial analysis, as typically covered in undergraduate GIS courses.
- Experience using ArcGIS, MS-Access, MS-Excel for both spatial and non-spatial operations involving data processing, manipulation, integration, and analysis
Preferred/Asset qualifications would include
- Bachelor degree from a recognized university in Biology, Geography, Environmental Studies or equivalent with substantial GIS coursework
- Advanced abilities using ESRI’s ArcGIS platform and MS Office software (including Excel, Access) as well as Python, VBA, other programming
- Knowledge of, and experience with, ESRI’s geodatabase, shapefile, and coverage structures and functionality, in addition to MS Access databases
- Advanced knowledge of, and experience with spatial analysis (e.g., topology, interpolation, overlays)
- Knowledge of habitat suitability modelling and mapping
- Experience digitizing polygons accurately
- Experience querying attribute data.
- Experience producing publishing-quality spatial products (i.e. maps)
- Knowledge of standard provincial datasets of ecosystem type and landcover.
- Knowledge of Raster data sets.
- Knowledge and ability in conducting analyses of geographic data using standard GIS software.
- Experience with in conducting GIS analysis and producing spatial products for subject matter related to wildlife, protected areas, or other natural environmental values is an asset.
- Experience and ability in more advanced database management
Please submit an application through our On-Call page (as this will be on-call work) at:http://www.bccf.com/public/opportunities/call-positions
DO NOT USE THE FORM BELOW!
To be considered you will have to be able to meet the additional requirements as listed on the On-Call page.